If you’re a homeowner or renter in Columbia, MO and you’re having problems with your furnace, you can usually tie it back to one of the issues below. Here’s the list as we see it:
- Poor maintenance: If you don’t regularly inspect and tune up your furnace that could cause unexpected problems and breakdowns. These routine inspections and clean ups can really help the appliance run more efficiently in the cold months of the year.
- Dirty filters: Having really dirty or clogged up air filters reduces the units airflow, making a furnace work harder to circulate clean air in your home. Sometimes a clogged filter may damage your limit switch, which operates the fan.
- Ignition and Pilot problems: You may have a faulty ignition switch or pilot, and that could make it difficult to heat your home or apartment. This is not a simple fix, but it can be simple to diagnose. If it’s more than that, it may be time to consider replacing your furnace.
- Frequent cycling: Cycling the unit between its on and off modes may indicate a clogged filter, improper airflow or a bad thermostat setting. Cycling back and forth long enough will wear all the components down. It’s also unnerving to hear the unit kick on and off in the middle of the night.
- The blower wont stop running: Blower issues are always big in the early months of winter. A problem with the limit switch, which a professional may need to replace, can often cure this.
Long story short, if you’re the DIY type, you may be able to trouble shoot some of this. However, if you’re having HVAC issues or need a professional to repair your furnace, please give us a call. We’re open 24/7, even on holidays. And we don’t do anything except plumbing and HVAC repairs and replacements. You can count on us…